How can you make your life happier, more productive and more fulfilling by Finding Purpose In Work?
We spend so much time in our day jobs, they are a huge part of our lives. And I know a lot of us only work the jobs we have to in order to support our families. We have good days and bad, and some jobs seem pointless, so how can I help you with Finding Purpose In Work? Read on 🙂
How Can You Make Any Job More Fulfilling?
A lot comes down to how you look at things really. Every job is a service – whether you work with food, in an office, a hospital or you’re the local garbage chick – you are helping someone.
- Tony Robbins says Fulfilment comes from service to others and happiness from the quality of relationships, so focusing on these no matter what you do will instantly help. I’m an introvert who doesn’t easily connect with people, so I know this can be tough sometimes, but persevere. Kindness to strangers is an easy one – I just listen to others and they appreciate that, which makes me feel good.
- Spend some time working out what your values are and think about how you can apply them in your day job. How can you grow your passions and talents? Is there something you love doing that you can contribute to your workplace? Always keep a Growth Mindset (That’s super powerful, read my blog post about A Growth Mindset Here).
- Aim to leave any room in a better condition than when you came. And that means the people in them too. Fulfilment isn’t about ignoring your own needs, but it is about focusing on helping others. What can you do to make your workplace, your co-workers or your customers feel better?
- Don’t Take “Finding Purpose In Work” or life too seriously. It’s the simple things in life that give us satisfaction and purpose. People like to have this grand scheme and goals to aim for which is nice, but it’s not for everyone. You don’t have to change the world to make other people’s lives better.
What Can You Do If You Struggling With Finding Purpose In Your Work And Want To Change Jobs?
I asked myself a while ago. I work in Remedial Massage which as a healthcare career I find very fulfilling – but it didn’t seem like enough for me.
Here are some things to consider before you set out looking for your dream career:
- What would you truly do if money was no option?
- What would you enjoy?
- Don’t be too specific – what is a general area you could go into and branch out later?
- Remember that you will grow, change paths and continue learning – so keep that in mind
- Try new things and have new experiences before you make any decision
- When all else fails, doing some Personal Development won’t go to waste
Having A Side Business That Gives You Purpose And Fulfilment In Your Work
I’m a very lucky sausage because I have my day job which I find very fulfilling, but also my side hustle (this website).
We all have something we are passionate about – whether we have found it or not yet – that we can use to help other solve problems and make a greater impact on the world. I love helping women grow their self-awareness because it’s one of the greatest ways to empower women today (read the statistics here) and owning this website is an incredible way I can really contribute to the world in a positive way.
I never would have found that passion or had the idea to step into something like this if I didn’t have the support of my mentors or community.
If you think this is something you would like to learn more about, you can access my mentor’s Free 7 Day Training Series about how to start a business you love to create a life that you love. Just click here and enter your details.
Take Care always,